FIRST NATIONS INCLUSIONS AND PARTNERSHIPS
KCL has a very meaningful, long lasting, and committed relationship to the First Nations communities in Ontario and in Manitoba. We also are networking with other First Nations communities across Canada to assist and partner with them.
We are committed to providing First Nations communities with things such as,
• Water Treatment Plants and Upgrades to Existing Plants. This ensures each community has access to safe and the highest quality drinking water available to each community. It is our belief that each First Nations community has the right to this basic sustainable benefit. As such it is our privilege to work with First Nations to provide this service and very important resource to each community. It is very rewarding for KCL to know that this precious resource(drinking water) will be used reliably by First Nations for generations.
• Waste Water Treatment Plants and Upgrades to Existing Plants. This ensures each community a proper, safe, and environmentally acceptable way to deal with their waste water challenges. We ensure that the environment is protected and that we turn over state of the art facilities so that the local environmental concerns are addressed. Thus enabling First Nations to know and feel they can rely on these upgrades to protect the existing landscape, environment, fisheries, and wildlife for generations to come.
• We value and respect each individual that make up the communities on First Nations lands. Once we enter into an agreement with First Nations, we immediately try and source as many local First Nations personal to network into and be part of KCLs construction team. We do this by making personal contact with the local band Chief and Council. We then meet the ruling elders and or council to discuss how we can mutually work together and partner to achieve common goals.
• As we proceed with the construction work it is our hope and intent to make sure First Nations communities benefit with things like direct training and employment. We perform and have in-house Yard Piping, Civil, Mechanical, and Electrical Divisions. The benefit to First Nations with KCL performing all this work/scope themselves is that we can hire/employ and train more First Nations individuals based on the skill sets of the community.
• KCL works with each individual that is hired to ensure that the applicable safety training is provided. We also can offer apprenticeships or pre-apprenticeships as part of our commitment and labour agreements with the First Nations communities.
• We are also committed to Sub-contracting to local First Nations Businesses, purchasing of materials, committing to buying fuel and or renting accommodation’s just to mention a few ways to try ensure we maximize and the First Nations communities achieve the maximum benefit so they are better off once we complete construction and have to demobilize from the community.